NicerFL Conversation Partners engage multi-level English language learners in constructive activities that support ongoing language development. Because many participants interact with few native English speakers, this program provides a critical opportunity to practice spontaneous, spoken English in a supportive group setting.
Conversation Partners give participants a chance to …
- expand their vocabulary
- speak English more confidently
- increase their understanding of U.S. norms and customs
- When in small groups, make valuable connections with other English language learners in their community
Our conversation partners are volunteers and learners who meet weekly to practice their English speaking skills. The program provides an opportunity for learners to improve their speaking confidence and meet other adults who are learning English.
- All sessions are free! There is no cost to attend our Conversation Partners program
- All adults who want to practice their English speaking skills are welcome at our groups.
- Conversation groups are not English classes. Our trained volunteers focus mainly on listening and speaking, and less on reading and writing.
Topics usually covered with conversation partners include American culture and holidays, idioms, casual spoken English, and daily life situations (the bank, the post office, speaking with neighbors, etc.).
NicerFL and your conversation partner will call or email you before the session begins. Please confirm that you will participate before attending. Please note that our conversation groups are very popular and that you might be placed on a waiting list.