NicerFL students want to learn and improve their life in Florida!
¡Conviértete en nuestro alumno! ¡Los estudiantes de NicerFL quieren aprender y mejorar su vida en Florida!
Sinh viên NicerFL muốn học hỏi và cải thiện cuộc sống của họ ở Florida!
NicerFL ученики хотят учиться и улучшать свою жизнь во Флориде!
Some define newly arrived immigrants as those who have lived in the U.S. for less than 5 years. However, the pace of economic and social integration of new immigrants may be accelerated or slowed down by personal characteristics, education and contexts of reception, among other factors. NicerFL defines newcomer immigrants as people who are foreign-born and have moved to permanently live in the United States in the last 5-10 years.
NicerFL believes every learner is different! Newcomers come with different educational needs, different languages and prior educational experience, different modalities and preferences for learning, and different levels of English language skills! Our tutoring program allows learners to progress according to their own goals and at their own rate!
NicerFL immigrant students are a highly diverse set:
- Between the ages of 7 to 82
- Live in Pinellas and Manatee counties in Florida
- Came in the United states in the last 5-10 years
- Are not able to attend regularly scheduled ESOL and citizenship classes
- Prefer to work with an individual tutor rather than in a class
- Mothers who need individual help due to children and travel concerns
- Professionals with a higher education degree who need to meet professional requirements in the US
- Looking for better jobs and careers
- Immigrants who are victims of human trafficking
- Employed in positions well-below their professional credentials
- Parents who need to support their children in US schools
- Ages 7-19 and need language, academic, and social-emotional support
- Need to pass high school graduation and college entrance exams
- Need to complete applications, understand government regulations, or just be able to read and understand medical and other information